Here you can find direct links to download the music in mp3 format.
To download them, right-click them and press ‘save link as’ or ‘save target as’ or your browser’s equivalent.
To download the whole album zipped, click HERE [52.6MB].
01. Hoong Ern Ng – Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 in A K488 Movement 1 [10:52 || 13.9MB]
02. Hoong Ern Ng – Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 in A K488 Movement 2 [7:18 || 8.6MB]
03. Hoong Ern Ng – Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 in A K488 Movement 3 [8:46 || 11.7MB]
04. Hoong Ern Ng – A Cheesy Bite – Movement 1 [2:02 || 2.7MB]
05. Hoong Ern Ng – A Cheesy Bite – Movement 2 (Rondo) [3:54 || 5.0MB]
06. Hoong Ern Ng – Sugar Rush (Piano Solo) [2:00 || 2.3MB]
07. Hoong Ern Ng – Music, When Soft Voices Die (Countertenor & Percussion) [2:34 || 3.3MB]
08. Hoong Ern Ng – Music 4 Transcription – Based on Igor Stravinsky – Fanfare for a new theatre (Chiara String Quartet) [1:15 || 1.6MB]
09. Hoong Ern Ng – Dawn (Xanthos Ensemble) [2:50 || 3.7MB]
NOTICE: All recordings are for PERSONAL use only, and are not being used to make money, and are not being used for any commercial purposes.
Please do not link these files directly from any other sites (Just not the separate files – You CAN link to this page)
If you want to use these recordings, please ask me first! Thank you!
About The Music
This album is different from most of the albums I have released so far, but I wanted to share a different side of music which I really enjoy, and to be honest, probably the larger side of my music life so far – Classical Music. These probably aren’t the best examples of classical music, but these pieces give me a very different sense of satisfaction. I hope you still enjoy them, and God bless!
1-3. Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 in A K488
I always wanted to play with an orchestra, but never got the chance to do so. However, I decided I could still do so – by playing the whole orchestra! So here is the result – a virtual orchestra with piano. Obviously not the best performance, but it was a useful and exciting project for me!
4-5. A Cheesy Bite (Composed 2005 & 2006)
One of those ‘spur of the moment’ compositions, which ended up sounding very cheesy. However, this is one of my ‘fun’ works, so I hope you still enjoy it! The 2nd movement, which I submitted for one of my classes, was originally named “Definitely Anyway” – but I decided to just call it “Movement 2” now. In the 2nd movement, see if you can spot any musical ideas which are repeated from the 1st movement!
6. Sugar Rush (Composed 2008)
“Imagine a person who has stayed up late, feeling tired, then eats some sugar, runs around crazily, and finally faints.”
A short composition I wrote for one of my classes (Music 4), very late at night, the night before it was due.
Section 1: Only major triads/chords
Section 2: Both Major/Minor triads/chords
Section 3: Everything has to be above middle C
7. Music, When Soft Voices Die (Countertenor, Bass Drum & Chinese Cymbal)
Again, a short composition I wrote for one of my classes (Music 4). One of the more unusual of my compositions, especially given the instrumentation we were writing for. The lyrics are based on the first two lines of “Music, when Soft Voices die”, by Percy Bysshe Shelley.
Music, when soft voices die,
Vibrates in the memory;
8. Music 4 Transcription – Based on Igor Stravinsky – Fanfare for a new theatre (Chiara String Quartet)
Again, a short composition I wrote for one of my classes (Music 4). Based on Igor Stravinsky’s Fanfare for a new theatre which uses a 12-tone series. Performed (sightread) by the Chiara String Quartet. Not the most conventional of music, but makes more sense once you’ve heard the Stravinsky. Also may contain some Shostakovich style. (I think I was listening to his Piano Trio No.2 at that time)
Another of my Music 4 compositions for Flute, Clarinet, Violin and Cello. Started work on it the day before it was due, and when I finished it, it was dawn, hence the title of the piece.